Anything but Maidan. Russian propagandists wish for a Tiananmen in Belarus. Disinfo monitor #49
- The protests in Belarus are supposedly the work of external forces and they "must" be brutally suppressed, as in Hong Kong.
- Tighter quarantine in the red zone is inflated into a "parade of sovereignties".
- A series of terrorist attacks in Ukraine (without casualties) indicates "collective madness and general apathy".
- The cease-fire was called a "feint before the local elections".
- The oligarchs were christened "holders of sovereignty."
- See how disinformation topics have changed throughout the year in our interactive visualization
Period: August 3–9, 2020